Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Roller Derby Swap

We like our tacos H.A.R.D!


How long have you been involved with derby?
The first proof I have of a bout was feb 2009 HARD vs Canadia, though I loved watching Rollergirls in 2005 and was constantly dreaming of derby. My first practice was August 23, 2010 ^_^

What’s your favorite position?
Girl on top.
Wait, you mean derby, don’t you? 4 (back outer blocker). As an NSO I love being in the penalty crew and tracking or running the box.

Do you have another job with your league?
Trying to not replace the black sheep that have recently defected/quit. Other than that, I am the new webmaster at Harrisburg Area Roller Derby.

Any derby-related crafty projects to show off?
Not yet. I made a denudu hat for our head ref, but nothing yet for me or specifically derby related.
Oh yeah! I sewed some helmet panties for my old league, and I made some bearing in resin necklaces once. And bake sales. Lots of bake sales.

Allergies/Allergens to Cats/Smoke/Anything else? - please list everything
I am allergic to scents (candles, body products, soaks)

Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
Big ass cat!

If you have fluffy pets, can you keep their fluffies out of your handmades/yarn/package?
Mostly. He’s not allowed into the attic where I have my craft room.

If you or anyone in your household smokes inside/outside? Can you keep the smoke out of your work/yarn?
No smoke here.

Anyone here you’ve swapped with (sent to or received from) before?
Nope.

Do you have shipping preferences/additional mailing/delivery instructions that your partner had better know about, or if you may intend to change address?
Nope.

Favs- 
Favorite yarns:
 indie dyed, natural fibers, less than 20% acrylic.
Favorite fibers: anything that isn’t scratchy, and NO SYNTHETICS.
Favorite color (ONE): scarlet
Favorite color in combo with your Favorite color: black or army green
Any other favorite things you wish to divulge: I am a big damn nerd! Details are onmy blog under the swap tag.

Least Favs- 
Least favorite fibers:
 Did I mention acrylic yet? I’m also meh about cotton, but specifically Peaches and Cream.
Other least favorite “things” and/or have enough of: zauberball is splitty and noro is horribly scratchy.

Do you knit/crochet/spin/weave/something else? Knit, crochet, spin and sew.

Coffee: coffee maker, single cup cone, french press, iced, hot? Crappy two cup coffee maker, hot, light roast, flavors allowed.

Tea: pot, cup, loose, bag, iced, hot? Loose, kettle, hot, chai! I could kill for a very large french press travel mug (for both coffee and/or tea).

Snack/Flavor preferences – salty and /or sweet suggestions: I live carb free, so I’m ok without snacks due to logistics.

Fragrance preferences likes/dislikes: I like chamomile and honeysuckle but get saturation headaches easily.

Which post in the Wish List thread is yours (indicate number and link)? 277

Do you have any wishlists at any online stores (link)? Just what I have mentioned on my blog.

Can you think of anything else your partner should know? I’ve been in a lot of swaps, and the one thing that is the worst insult is when a package is generic and steril, and goes specifically against things a swapee has explained.

SWAP RELATED 
What is your position in Derby?
 2 and 4 (outside blocker), multi purpose NSO with a preference for penalty tracking/enforcing

Your favorite team & their colors? Harrisburg Area Roller Derby, nuclear green!

Your team & colors if you play? NSO pink is also appreciated.

What Derby athlete would you most like to meet? already met Joan of Dark, and everybody else already has enough smoke being blown up their ass.

Who is the coolest Derby person you have gotten an autograph from? Not my thing.

IMPORTANT 
Have you read the rules page and the rules thread?
 Yes ma’am!
Do you understand that check in is mandatory on the required dates listed at the top of this thread? Yeppers.
Do you understand that posting a “Thank You” (in the thank you thread) is mandatory upon receipt of your package (pictures can be added at a later date)?Very much so.
Do you understand that it is mandatory to PM to me your Delivery Confirmation # or Customs Form number upon shipping? Mhm.
Do you know what you will need to do if you are unable to complete this swap and what will happen to your ability to swap with us in the future if you do not follow some/any/all of the rules? Yes.

How long have you been involved with derby?
The first proof I have of a bout was feb 2009 HARD vs Canadia, though I loved watching Rollergirls in 2005 and was constantly dreaming of derby. My first practice was August 23, 2010 ^_^

What’s your favorite position?
Girl on top.
Wait, you mean derby, don’t you? 4 (back outer blocker). As an NSO I love being in the penalty crew and tracking or running the box.

Do you have another job with your league?
Trying to not replace the black sheep that have recently defected/quit. Other than that, I am the new webmaster at Harrisburg Area Roller Derby.

Any derby-related crafty projects to show off?
Not yet. I made a denudu hat for our head ref, but nothing yet for me or specifically derby related.
Oh yeah! I sewed some helmet panties for my old league, and I made some bearing in resin necklaces once. And bake sales. Lots of bake sales.

What notions do you like/need/want?
I love project bags of all sizes! I normally end up using them as a purse until they fall appart. I like anything cute, like a pretty needle gauge or tape measure, and I can always use counters/rosaries and stitch markers. I wouldn’t mind an organizing case for my knitpicks interchangeables and the 20 cables I have for them.

What notions do you hate/have too many of/just don’t need?
I keep getting dropped stitch hook keychains.

What’s your derby name/number, if you have one?
Anya Arson, 0

Do you like/wear jewelry? If so, what?
I like it, but I forget to put it on because I don’t like taking it off at the rink.

What are your fave patterns from Knockdown Knits?
I love Joan and appreciate the book, but the patterns are not my cup of tea . The felted skate bag is nice if it actually fits my whole gear. If not, it’s still a nice project bag.

Do you want local league merch? If so, what kinds of things do you like (shirts, buttons, stickers, etc)?
I don’t collect swag, but I might start pinning up a hat I was gifted.

Do you like purses/bags/totes?
YES. I can never have enough bags of any size!

How do you feel about hats?
I lurves hattts!

Have you ever gone by another Ravelry name and if so what was it?
Nope. I’m choperena everywhere (other than derby and SCA).

What’s the story behind your derby name (if you have one)?
When I first started watching derby, I wanted to be Mexi Cans (I was a 38G back then), until Madhouse Mexi joined the league I watched and now play for. My second choice was Moctezuma’s Revenge, but the girl I co-founded a different league with vetoed it vehemently. I finally came up with Anya Arson because I am a complete Buffy fanatic, I relate way too much with Anyanka’s character and past, I love fire, and I love the “on your arse” pun. I also went out of my way to not choose something sexual because at the time I was getting a teaching cert and didn’t want anything… compromising.

Skulls? Love ‘em, they’re okay, or not really a fan?
I love morbid art, including sculls.

How do you like to accessorize for bouts? (Colors, themes,etc.)
Nuclear Green uniform top, black flame capri DerbySkinz (which I absolutely hate because the girl can’t measure herself out of a paper bag), and a red-yellow gradient bandana. I’ve tried doing makeup, but I haven’t found anything intense enough to show up on my face. My skin is just a chameleon when it comes to color.

How do you feel about leg warmers?
I like them for everyday wear, but I overheat on the track. My calves are 15” around.

Derby Wife
I kind of had a derby wife when I started, until she pushed me out of the league. I got a proposal when I moved to my current league, but she stopped coming to practice before I could give her an answer. Now I’m dating her ex boyfriend.

What is your favourite yarn weight to work with?
Anything in the “sock” range. I also double up on lace to achieve adequate thicknesses.

Talk to me about wheels. Are you a wheel junky? Do you need a way to keep all your wheels in order? Would you prefer a cube bag, or a sausage bag, or an infinite screw, or an idea that I have that reminds me ofmeccanos, or a briefcase, or something completely different? How many sets of wheels do you need to keep? 
I only have four sets of wheels, and any system would work.

How would you feel about a bag that can serve as skate bag and double as a large project bag? Would you want a messenger bag, backpack or dufflebag? Pockets? While I have a skate bag, I wouldn’t mind one that’s purdy. I’d only need a main compartment, a smaller one for a change of clothes, and another small one for a couple of tools/bandaids.

How did you first get into roller derby?
Roller derby was always something I knew my much older sister wanted to do when I was little. When I moved to the US in 2005, I became addicted to the A&E Rollergirls show, and thought it would be an awesome thing to do. Late 2008, my roommate found out about a league 90 miles away in Harrisburg that we decided to go watch (I have pictures of a merby bout february 2009). It was a blast! I made every effort to go down every month, and vowed that one day, I was going to have a Big Girl Job, with a Big Girl Paycheck, in a Big Girl Town, with a Big Girl League, and I was going to join derby!
Fastforward to august 2010. It was my 30th birthday, I’d gone down to watch an intraleague bout, and I realized I wasn’t getting any younger (and I still don’t have that Big Girl Job). So on my ride back, I facebooked that I was joining HARD! Of course, that one person that you barely know and never responds, mentioned Williamsport had just started a league the previous month. Well, that’s only 60 miles away! So with two acquaintances (that tagged along after reading my fb) in tow, I drove over to Williamsport that wednesday and joined derby.
A couple of practices later, one of the girls was horribly intimidated by the skills of a couple of girls, and decided she wanted to start “our own” league in State College. We agreed to help her, and put in duty with both leagues for the first couple of months, until the intimidated girl decided that she didn’t want to put effort into training people that are just going to skate for another league. So when she asked us to sign an exclusivity contract (to skate with a league where nobody knew anything that wasn’t on youtube), we decided to only skate with Williamsport.
Fastforward to the spring, where yet again there were too many people with too many interests, that nothing was getting done, and I got accused of “usurping” other people’s jobs. So I got sick of the bullshit and went with my initial gut decision (of a year prior) and transfered down to Harrisburg that fall.
Of course, this league isn’t perfect either. We have had a severe turnover this year, but I have hope that the people that are left want it to succeed. So I’m running for a board position this week, and hopefully by the end of the month I’ll be able to be loud and obnoxious and influential and usurping and shit all over again. Because I want this league to grow, or die trying.


Measurements
I should have done this ages ago.
Head: 22.5”
Neck: 13”
Shoulders: 44”
Upper arm: 11”?
Sleeve: 25”
Sleevespan: 60”
BOOBS! 38”
“natural waist”: 32.5”
Bellybutton: 36”
Hip bones: 34”
Widest part of ass: 38”
Thigh: 22”
Calf: 15”
Foot: 10”
Floor to knee: 20”
Belt to knee: 21”
Collar to belt: 19”
Wrist: 6.5”
Wrist to tip of middle finger: 7.5”
Palm: 4”
Around knuckles: 7.5”
Did I miss anything?

Tee shirts: 
Large/xl in a ladies shirt, small (or medium) in unisex (though I prefer the lower neckline of a babydoll).

No comments:

Post a Comment