Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm lazy

Yes, I know! I owe you several posts, since probably december:
Recipes for marshmallows, lemon cream pasta, kings cake, garbanzo and kale chips, and biltong (it is awesome!!!)
FO for loofalike lace gloves and I'm dumber than snake mitts
Review of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

and probably several other things I've already forgotten >.<



Hubba hubba!

They played Imaginarium at the State Theater last tuesday, and boy was it gorgeous! I went with the oh so lovely Leah and her fiance and had a blast. I love Gilliam, he is so talented! And now that I think of it, I would have killed for Alice to be even a fraction of how good this movie was. You have the stunning visuals, the beautiful Depp and Ledger, and the ever so fucked up vision of Gilliam. I'm just stuck in a state of awe! The story is a bit convoluted (and it had another case of bad CGI at the beginning, but it was a bird flying into a cave, so you could easily ignore it), but it made sense (mostly) by the end. I think it will be greatly improved by a second watching, a la 6th Sense.

So Ledger died in the middle of filming, but this didn't hinder the final product at all! He had managed to finish all his scenes from "the outside", and then they cast Depp, Jude Law, and Collin Ferrel to mimic him on "the inside". And boy did they do a wonderful job! They captured all of his quirks and mannerisms to a tee (and I didn't even hate Ferrel!).

Yes, must watch again!

No comments:

Post a Comment