Monday, February 8, 2010

[FO] Evergreen neck triangle



Pattern: Evergreen, by Kristin LeMoine
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in 27009 (lavender)
Needles: US 6 / 4.0 mm
Completed: January 28, 2010
Notions: five wire wrapped amethyst beads, chained together, to be used as a scarf pin



The main reason Fer and I met up in NYC, was because our other friend, Pili, has been working at Disneyworld this year and came up to see the snow. It's funny that the Snowpocalypse hit this same weekend, but only a few flurries actually made it that far northeast.



So, in my undying NEED to knit people gifts, I played hooky that thursday and knit her a neck scarf triangle thing in about 12 hours, with a total of 6 pattern repeats, and had a whole 6" left over after binding off! And, holy shit, I even blocked it! Which was completely pointless, because it was silk and had no memory. But I felt like a Big Girl ^_^

It was so odd, yet nice to work with the silk, and the pattern was very easy and intuitive, and can be scaled to desired dimensions. I didn't like the 3st garter border, but that can easily be changed for future iterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment