Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's time for Big Fun!

Yay to waking up at 8 am with an urge to sew!  The last of my current slew of sewing projects was thanks to Love and Lights Productions, which this spring put on Heathers: The Musical.  It was fucking awesome!  Dan was Ram Sweeny and I did a bit of costume alterations and worked the back stage for the four showings.


I wish I would have gotten a better picture of the skirt -_-  I got home at 2:30 am after the friday shows and couldn't stop dreaming of Lydia Deetz's uniform, so obviously I woke up at 8, drove to JoAnn's, struck out, went to Walmart, struck out, and came home to 2.7 yards of a fabric in the correct pattern, but wrong texture.  Whatevs, I'm in the back, I can fake it.

In about four hours, I ironed and sewed down all of the pleats painstakingly matching up all the black lines, got my hair waffled, threw on some falsies, and was ready to roll!  Too bad my hair had absolutely no intention of staying teased (not that it has ever given me that choice EVER).


I love these guys.  This october will be the traditional Rocky Horror Show, followed next spring by American Idiot.  Definitely fun times!

PS: Lipstick is MUFE, and I LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment